Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Energy Drink overdose = Little brother

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    yeah many meds are prescribed too much, valium, klonopin, xanax, stimulants....they have started to decrease the prescriptions nationally I agree. We still see people lying to get meds, taking the children's meds, makes me sick.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    [ QUOTE ]
    many of them just want their kids to sit still and be completely quiet and for them to not have to be PARENTS

    [/ QUOTE ]
    BINGO! and some (not all) teachers are the same way! Kills me!!!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    I know it just seems as if all responsibility has gone out the window and children are supposed to raise themselves. I should have listed that as my #1 pet peeve.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    parents don't want to have to apply an effort. They don't want to follow through with having any kind of structure and consistency (both of which many people do not know the definition of apparently) and ya know what teachers are the same way. Oh my goodness he won't do this we have to remind him we have to redirect him this that .... it's the job of parents and teachers both. Do you see the schools sending kids in saying the parents HAVE to something with the kids?
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Instead of raising their kids right they dope them up to make their behavior more tolerable.
    And when they become adults..... ?
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Yeah, a friend of mine is a school counselor in JC city schools and she says that she sees it almost daily. To make matters worse, I see the teachers that come through ETSU's teacher ed program and some of them, GOD help us all if they are going to be shaping the minds of the future.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    you seen some of the ones in Wise Co?
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    Not in therapy, but I have witnessed a few at a couple of VBS's. Makes me want to tell parents about the ABC's and the B E L T S. lol
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    I have dealt with some of the finest in Wise Co. and others are not so much lol

    One of the best schools I have worked with-Appy Elem.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Energy Drink overdose = Litlte brother

    This girl that was the president of the most prestegious academic honor society at Tech was pretty much an adderall junkie. I had to do a group project with her. We were working on it at the empo and she had to "make a call".

    15 minutes later, this dude shows up at our table. He gives her about 8 pills. She gives him money. She asks us all if we need/want one. We all decline. She takes one...and a bit later, she is driving me nuts. Asking me if she can type on my laptop because she just "has to do something" and she "just can't sit there". I told her to go run a few laps around the parking lot...literally.

    She's a sales rep for Eli Lilly now. Hmmmmmm. hahaha
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •